Monday, June 21, 2010

Etsy Craft Party at Youngblood Gallery

I dragged my sister out Friday night for the Etsy Craft Party at Youngblood Gallery and Boutique. We had lots of fun, got some new ideas for crafts...but left before we finished anything because it was a little hot inside. Best part of the night though were the homemade chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies...yuuuuummmmmmm!!! (If you made them - please send me the recipe)

Anyways, here are some pics. I think my favorite part were the name tags. I might have filled out my sisters, but she loves me so it's ok.

A table for handmade cards and paper garlands.



Next up, Robot planters made from old cans and terrariums in old light bulbs.



Finally, time for some sewing. Fabric pennants/banners...and a pic of my sis.

How cool is the photo on the left?! I had my sis take some pics while we were sewing and that one came straight from my iPhone. Cool, cool...


That's my sister - she's a cutie pa-tootie. :)


Have ya'll been to Youngblood Gallery and Boutique before? It's such a cool place! They have some really awesome art in there. Most of it is work from local artists, all handmade, and you might just see some work from a guy you went to high school with. (Mike Germon) It's definitely a good spot to head for gifts. They have a good bit of "guy stuff" there (like really nice looking duct tape wallets!), and we all know how hard it is to shop for the guys in our lives.

Tata for now,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment