Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday...to me!

Well, yesterday was my birthday...and it was a lovely day! Warm, sunny, no clouds in the sky. I don't know what it is...but it is always nice on my birthday. My mom and I were talking about it recently and we can't remember any year where it was cloudy, too cold, rainy, or anything but nice. It's kind of weird...but awesome at the same time!

I started out the day at work with a visit from 6 day old Balin. :) Oh, I just want to eat him up! He's sooo cute! Look at those socks. So big. Hehe.

Balin

I then left around lunchtime to meet up with two of my BF's for a birthday lunch at Sun in my Belly. If you live in Atlanta/Decatur and haven't been, it's fabulous and you must go!

BF's Jane and Sam

Me and "my" flowers

Aren't those pretty flowers?! Jane and Sam "got" them for me....and by that I mean that they told me to pose with the flowers on the table and pretend that they got them for me. Ha! Such good friends.

On another note...I made the skirt that I wore on my birthday! What do you think?

I followed a pattern for it which was a bit harder than I thought it would be. I'm happy with how it turned out though. After lunch I ran some errands, took a nap, then went out for dinner with my boyfriend. He kind of looks like wolverine.

He took me out to Leon's. Such a yummy place and one of our regular spots to hang out in Decatur. Try the french fries, chickpea salad, the veggieloaf, and the Peruvian Punch. Yum, yum, yum. (Oh, and I didn't eat all of that last night)

All in all, it was a lovely way to celebrate my birthday and I'll be celebrating til the end of this weekend. Thanks to all my friends and family that love me. I love you all too.

J Squirrel

2 comments:

  1. Super cute pics! You are Balin crazy, a cute sneaky pic on your bday! Love your skirt, ps she put a zipper in it and it rocked. Glad you had a great day keep getting your party on!xoxoshell

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday :)

    sorry i missed all the festivities! i'm planning something marvelous for us soon though. just you wait.

    ReplyDelete