Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Cake

Happy Birthday Boyfriend!

Ok, so his birthday was yesterday, but Friday I surprised him with a cake! Not just any old cake...a cakewich! A cake that looks like a sandwich. Here is the idea/tool I used:


Here was my implementation:
It's a white cake with peanut butter frosting and nutella! Yum-O! For the peanut butter frosting I mixed buttercream frosting with some peanut butter. It was so tasty and fed way more people than I thought it would. I would recommend using a pound cake mix if you decide to try it out. My cake started cracking because I didn't get the bottom of the top layer flat enough and the cake wasn't strong enough to hold it's own weight.

It was super easy to make. I highly recommend that you try it out. They give you a recipe to use, but I think the next cake I do will be a mixed layers, ice cream cake...mmmmmm...

Night night!
J Squirrel

1 comment:

  1. I want a piece! And call me when you make that ice cream cake! I am willing to be a taste-tester ;)

    ReplyDelete