Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to Work

Hopefully you all had a good Labor Day weekend!

J Fox is in Spain right now...lucky girl...so I'm holding down the blogging front. Anyone make it to the Decatur Book Festival? I always seem to miss it.
I went up to North Carolina to see my dad's side of the family. We did a little swimming, played few innings of baseball with my younger (yet super competitive) cousins, ate some good southern food (okra, corn, peach cobbler...mmm), and just chit-chatted like all good southerners do.

One of the things I love the most when getting together with family is hearing the old stories that come about when my dad and his brothers/sisters/their spouses are around each other. By this point I've heard a lot of the stories multiple times, but they're still fun to hear and everyone now and then something new gets added to the story. With 6 kids in the family there are a lot of stories and the siblings often have different ways of remembering the same events. That always makes for a lively discussion around the dinner table. :)

Sweet Dreams,
J Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment